Thank you for your interest in joining the Claws and Paws Rescue foster team. Because of our dedicated fosters, we have found homes for over 700 animals.
We depend on a unique and dedicated group of volunteers to help us save lives. By fostering a homeless animal, you can experience the joys of being a pet parent without the lifetime of responsibility. Foster homes provide temporary care for cats and kittens, dogs and puppies. Some animals that come to us need as little as a few weeks of care, where others may need several months before they are ready for adoption.
Fostering is flexible enough for most lifestyles and we will do our best to match an animal that will fit your work schedule and families’ activities. By offering your time, energy, and home to an animal in need, you help to prepare the animal for adoption into their forever home.
- Having your current pets up to date on vaccinations and sterilized if old enough.
- Having enough free time to spend with your fosters.
- Being able to reliably transport fosters back and forth to veterinarian appointments and adoption events when necessary.
- Being able to let go. It can be very difficult to let go once you have become emotionally attached to the animals. Know that the love you give means they are more likely to find a forever home!
- Being patient. The first day probably won’t be perfect. We promise, it will get easier!
Claws and Paws Rescue provides:
- All necessary medication, medical care and sterilization
- Food and litter (when donations are available)
- Collar or harness, leash, toys and treats
- Education on how to care for your foster animal
- A safe and nurturing environment for your foster animal
- Socialization for shy animals
- A quiet home for sick animals to recover in
So why are you waiting? Fill out a FOSTER application and let’s get you started.